Author Notes: For those who don’t normally like white chocolate – seriously: try it as cocoa. It’s the perfect way to enjoy the incredible creaminess that white chocolate has. Make sure to use a good quality one – and if you’re feeling naughty add just a liiiiiiitle bit of cream. Finished with a hint of grated nutmeg is my favorite way to drink it. —Erin McDowell
Makes 1 cup of cocoa
- 3ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1cup whole milk
- 1tablespoon heavy cream
- Fresh grated nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- Place the white chocolate in a heat safe bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Bring the milk, cream, and nutmeg if using, to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Pour the hot milk over the white chocolate and let sit for 15 seconds.
- Whisk the mixture until the chocolate is fully melted and the cocoa is smooth (if you whisk vigorously, the mixture will get frothy and if you mix slowly, it will stay smoother). Pour into a mug and drink warm.