Imagine the vivid colors and the pungent scents of Morocco cuisine––saffron, ginger, paprika, turmeric and cinnamon––and the influences of Arab, Jewish, Roman, Berber, and Spanish cultures.
Kensington Tours offers the opportunity of a lifetime to discover the exotic flavors of Morocco on an exploration of Moroccan cuisine. One of the most acclaimed luxury-level tour companies in the world, Kensington is famous for their top-notch local guides, impeccable logistics, and cultural immersion.
The Taste of Morocco––just a few highlights:
- From the airport in Casablanca, the adventure begins at once with a visit to Meknes, the walled Ismailia capital, then Bab Mansour to see the royal stables, markets and the Jewish quarter. The ruins of the ancient city of Volubilis and the holy city of Moulay Idriss are on the way to your hotel in Fez.
- The UNESCO World Heritage Site city of Fez is at your feet, in narrow, cobbled passageways, at tiled mosques and in the medina of artisans’ workshops. You will meet with the renowned Maison Bleue chef, Tariq Hadine, and wander with him in the medina to purchase the day’s ingredients before heading to the kitchen for a cooking class and a sumptuous repast.
- Accompanied by an experienced, knowledgeable guide and a driver, on your way to Marrakech, explore the Middle Atlas Mountains where Berber villages cling to towering massive faces, and share lunch with a local family in the Berber village of Immouzer de Kandar; and explore the Kasbah of Ras El Ain.
- In Marrakech, visit the 12th century Koutoubia Mosque and the Andalusian/Moorish-style El-Bahia Palace, where Ba Ahmed, the son of the Grand Vizier Si Moussa, housed his harm and lounged in his glorious tiled courtyard. Also on the itinerary are the famous mosaic-decorated Saadian Tombs.
- Just outside Marrakech, the luxurious Jnane Tamsna Eco-farm Resort is an agricultural oasis amid orchards, olive groves, and herb gardens, where you will select fresh ingredients for an introduction to Moroccan cooking methods and techniques. After a sumptuous lunch, hang out at the pool and the spa.
- In the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, stroll in the fields and fruit orchards, visit a village olive press, dine with a local family; visit the Takherkhort Reserve and learn how to make Berber bread.
Taste of Morocco is 8 Days from $3,328 per person. Accommodations are commodious in charming riads, which are traditional Moroccan houses or palaces with interior gardens or courtyards.
The highly acclaimed, luxury-level GeoEx tour company also leads deeply cultural, small group tours in Morocco.
From Casablanca to Rabat and Fès, to Meknès to see the “Versailles of Morocco” and the Roman city of Volubilis, then on to the Atlas Mountains and down through the Ziz Gorge to the Erfoud oasis to a private Berber camp at Merzouga. Next it’s the casbah of Ourrzazate and the vast bazaar and lively souks in red-ochre-colored Marrakech, and the beaches of Taroudant and Essaouira’s––expedition of a lifetime! GeoEx always sells out, so book for this Fall or for next year.