The Goodness of Smoothies
Whether your goal is to lose weight or build muscle, smoothies and protein shakes are great meal options for any healthy diet.
What makes smoothies and shakes healthy is that they’re low in carbs (other than natural sugars found in fruits), low in fat, and high in all the good stuff – vitamins and minerals, fiber, and even protein (with some added protein powder of course!).
All of these ingredients are ideal for boosting your metabolism, which is what makes them so great for fat loss. The protein and other nutrients are also ideal for supporting lean muscle growth and improving your muscle recovery. So as a snack or as a meal replacement, you can’t go wrong with a good smoothie.
The best approach to smoothies is to make them yourself. A lot of the smoothies you buy from stores and smoothie shops have a ton of added sugar to make them extra tasty, so just plan to make them at home as much as possible.
Before we move get into the smoothie recipes, getting lean requires a smartly planned healthy meal plan so you you have the right foods to help you burn fat. That’s why I put together this Sexy Flat Abs Meal Plan which has a full 7day/week meal plan full of clean eating recipes and snacks. Get it before January 31st and use Promo Code “newyears” to get an additional 30% off this package. You’ll have nothing to lose but the fat, but this is only for serious people so get’er done!
Now on with the recipes…
7 Tasty and Healthy Smoothie Recipes
For all of these recipes, add the ingredients into a good blender and blend to desired consistency. Add ice as much as your heart desires.
1. Veggie Protein Smoothie – This first one supports both fat loss and muscle building, and it contains completely plant-based ingredients with a major nutritional punch!
- 1 cup of all-natural almond milk
- 1 medium-sized banana
- 1 scoop of Gardenia All Natural Vegan Protein
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Handful of frozen or fresh berries
2. Super Hydrating Smoothie – This smoothie is one of my favorites, not only for its ability to hydrate, but also for its ability to flush and cleanse your kidneys (thanks to the cucumber) and offer an overall cleanse.