There is almost nothing better in this world than biting into a good juicy burger which was grilled up on the bbq and stocked with your favorite veggies and condiments.
But being health conscious about burgers can be a bit of a challenge, depending on the ingredients. So we’re going to look at 5 delicious but totally healthy burger recipes to help you get a little more fun out of your healthy eating plan.
Getting healthy about burgers starts with getting lean. It’s important to choose meats that are low in fat and as lean as possible. Then come the toppings and condiments, and of course the bun.
By the way, for those of you who are wanting to eat clean and also focus in on getting sexy flat abs, I’ve created a full 7 day/week meal plan for women and men which includes healthy snack ideas as well, check it out here – Sexy Flat Abs Meal Plan. If you order before January 31st and use Promo Code “newyears” you’ll get an additional 30% off this package. I’ll also offer a full money back guarantee so if you don’t get the results you want then you’ll have nothing to lose but just fat.
Let’s take a look at 5 awesome recipes…
5 Healthy & Lean Burger Recipes
1. Lean Beef Burger – Go for a leaner ground beef, and combine it with some super satisfying ingredients to get it tasting at the top of its game. The mushrooms in this recipe not only improve the flavor and taste, they also add a major health boost, with fiber and immune-boosting properties. Combine the following ingredients and hit the grill:
- 1 pound of 95% lean ground beef
- ½ cup of white mushrooms finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground mustard
2. Bison Burger – Bison meat is extremely lean, being lower in fat and calories than beef. It also has a slightly sweeter flavor and is a good source of iron to support a healthy and active lifestyle. To make a super tasty bison burger, combine the following ingredients: