A Satisfying High-Protein Snack
We all get a sweet-tooth sometimes and protein smoothie shakes can only fulfill some of our cravings so I thought it’s time for another awesome recipe.
Today we’re going to look at one of my favorite new recipes that will knock your same-old protein bars out of the water.
These chocolate cashew protein balls are a super healthy alternative. They’re gluten-free, extremely low in sugar, and in addition to fueling your muscles, they’ll also satisfy your deadliest cravings.
The trick is to make a few health-minded replacements of traditional ingredients. You may already have most of these ingredients on hand, and if not, they’re easy enough to find. And most are great to stock your pantry with, given their health benefits and fat-burning potential.
What’s even better, you’ll never have to turn on the oven for this recipe.
Ready to get to the recipe and start snacking?
Chocolate Cashew Protein Ball Recipe
Here’s what you need to make these muscle-building, craving-reducing treats:
- 1/3 cup of all-natural cashew butter
- 1/4 cup of cacao (or alternatively, unsweetened cocoa)
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil (try Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax
- 1 scoop of hemp protein (try Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein)
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave syrup
- 1 pinch of sea sat
- *optional shaved coconut chips
Here’s what you need to do: